A lot of people work their entire lives so they can retire to the beach or to the mountains.
The life goal of many men is to be free enough to live clean, healthy, happy and free.
It's a shame that by the time most men have retired, their bodies are damaged beyond repair, their minds are damaged beyond repair, and their retirement income isn't as much as they thought it would be.
They worked so hard for that dream, only to never be able to realize it.
I have that same dream.
My goal was always to “retire” somewhere in the mountains.
However, I am different in one very important way…
I don't have to wait until I'm 65 years old and physically and mentally shot.
I'm young, free and financially secure.
But that doesn't mean I'm in prime, tip-top shape.
One of the nasty drawbacks to working online is you have to sit in front of the computer for hours at a time.
This is no good for the human body!
We're supposed to walk, run, stand, jump, play, hunt, wrestle, fight, fuck etc.
We aren't meant to sit hunched over all the time. If you do sit hunched over all the time you will damage your body.
I have done some damage to my body chasing my purpose.
Ironically my body aches from sitting and typing, not from deadlifting or squatting.
My wrists, hamstrings, shoulders and lower back hurt not from any strenuous exercise, but from stationary office work.
Lifting weights for 30-60 minutes per day simply isn't enough to reverse the damage. It helps but it doesn't cure.
Thankfully, though, I am in a position where I can fix any issues that come from sitting and typing.
Unlike most people who work in an office and let their body degenerate to the point of no return, I am free to do as I please.
And I'm pleased to live a green life in 2016.
Before you think I'm a hippie kook let me explain, man…
Living abroad has taught me things I would have never learned if I had stayed in America.
In fact, it taught me the extreme importance of 4 things:
- Clean, good, fresh food (It wasn't until I lived in a place where the food was awful that I realized just how important food is to overall well-being)
- Clean water (Not just clean water, but you need to drink enough water. I was chronically dehydrated for years and didn't realize it. You need 3 liters of water per day, minimum! My acid reflux was cured simply by drinking enough water)
- Clean air (The air in SE Asia is polluted beyond belief, a few minutes walking can have you wheezing and coughing)
- Clean sunshine (Bangkok is a tropical, sunny climate, but the pollution is so bad it blocks out the sun. I personally tested for low Vitamin D and now supplement it)
Yes, we all know those things are important but until you don't have them you cannot know just how important they are.
Those 4 things can make or break happiness.
So it is my mission in 2016 to live clean and green.
Clean food, clean air, clean water, clean sunshine. As much as money can buy.
Towards the end of 2015 I spent some time in America and loved the cleanliness, the fresh air, the cool breeze.
But, to save 30K in taxes, I came back to Asia to spend 3 months until the start of the new year.
To be perfectly honest, that 3 months felt like a prison sentence. It was like doing time until I could go back to the green life.
Thailand is a lovely place, but the pollution is unbearable. There is no green life in big city Bangkok, it's more like brown life.
So I have decided to get rid of all of my possessions (yet again) and, for lack of a better term, walk the earth and live the green life.
I'm going to spend a good deal of my time on the beach or in the mountains, exercising in the open air and letting my body and mind heal after years of damage.
What I'm most looking forward to in 2016 is:
- Waking up at dawn and catching the sunrise on the beach while doing some stretching and cardiovascular exercise.
- Catching a cool mountain breeze on a cool, misty morning while drinking a cup of strong Red Coffee.
- Building RED Supplements (The purpose of RED is to create supplements that actually work. Many supplements are junk trash and exist to take money from gullible people. Our supplements work.)
- Creating many videos for the B&D YouTube channel (I will be filming my travels and you can all see the journey in real time).
There it is in black and white, my no-nonsense goals for 2016. Those are the very simple things that motivate me.
Green and clean.
But still mean.
Until next time.
PS – I don't pay attention to the news or current events. The only “news” I will pay attention to in 2016 is the presidential election. And I'll make a promise right now…
If Donald Trump wins the Presidency, I will have a Bold & Determined BBQ in Los Angeles, California. Each and every B&D reader will be invited. See you then.