Unless you have the same disease as Benjamin Button you are not getting any younger.
All the adventures you daydream about will never happen UNLESS you take action, get off your ass, and go do them!
Which do you think you will regret more when you die: not working enough or never doing the adventures you dreamt of?
I have never died before but I’m certain that while on my death bed I will not regret deciding to be a free man and not a wage slave and I will always be happy that I took chances and had adventures. Can you say the same?
Let’s have a great time, and have some eye opening experiences.
4 Unusual Ways to Break Out of the Usual Routine
1) Move to a Foreign Country and Teach English as a 2nd Language
What is a greater adventure than moving to a 2nd or 3rd world country? Nothing! The benefits to doing this are many.
1) It’s an adventure living in a whole other world from what we are used to.
2) You are usually provided free housing and enough money to live very well, better than most locals.
3) It is an eye opening experience to see how people live in a way that is quite different from life in America.
4) It is a way to get a visa. In some countries it is quite hard to stay for an extended period of time, teaching English will provide you with 6 months to a year and can be renewed every year.
5) You don’t have to be a genius to teach. Just about the only qualification is being a native English speaker, though some countries will require a College degree or a TEFL certificate.
6) You usually work 10-20 hours per week, leaving plenty of free time for exploration and adventure.
2) Take a Cross Country Camping Trip
Camping is easy. Just pack some clothes, a cooler, a tent, get in your car and drive into the great unknown. Much cheaper than taking a cross country trip and staying in hotels or hostels and you get to see more of America than by staying in some drab hotel room ordering room service and watching $10 movies.
Grill some steaks every night for dinner, sit underneath the stars, explore the woods, live like man was intended. If you think you’ll feel lonely, don’t! You will meet many, many interesting people along the way. Or you can bring a friend or a dog along.
3) Take a Plane, Train, or Bus Somewhere You Have Never Been
There is somewhere you have always wanted to go. Take a few days (or more) off from everything, book a ticket and go! Go experience it.
Who knows, maybe you will hate it or maybe you will love it so much you never come back. One thing is for certain, it will be an experience you won’t forget.
4) Get in Your Car and Start Driving
There is no way I am the only one who has ever wanted to just get in my car and start driving. Well, I never got the chance to. I sold my car and moved abroad, but that just means that if someone else does it they have more courage than I.
Next time you’re sitting in rush hour traffic, dreading work at the soul-stealing hell-hole you think you have to endure, what if you just turn the car in the other direction and start driving?
What’s the worst thing that can possibly happen? You’re gone for a few days and you lose your job. Easy fix, you just get a job at the next hell-hole. But what is the best thing that can happen? You learn what it’s like to live free.