Disposable razors are vile, worthless inventions meant to dupe you out of your hard earned cash on a regular basis. Disposable razors are useless for 2 reasons.
1) They give an inferior shave compared to a safety razor
2) The blades are absurdly expensive and must be purchased frequently
So why would people use these pieces of junk when superior technology exists? That’s an easy answer. You don’t see ads every day for a razor that will last you a lifetime and cost less than $20 for a year’s supply of blades but you DO see ads for the latest plastic gizmo that will give you the shave of a lifetime!! (until you have to buy new razors in a couple weeks for $20).
People have been duped into thinking the new 3 bladed piece of plastic is the greatest shaving technology ever invented. That is completely false. For a close shave nothing in the world beats an old school straight razor. For a safe shave that is extremely close, nothing in the world beats a safety razor. Best of all, you buy the razor only once and it will last you a lifetime. The blades for a safety razor are dirt cheap. I shaved for an entire year on a box of $6 blades. I would spend more than that every month on the latest mach3 nonsense. The real story is that Gillette had the patent on the safety razor. The patent was due to expire, meaning many companies could produce these quality razors. Gillette came up with the disposable razor and put the marketing machine behind it, guaranteeing that they get paid again and again when you buy new razors every month.
You can get started for around $100. After that you never have to buy another razor, this one will last a lifetime. Blades are only $6 for a box of 10.
Things you need to start wet-shaving:
1) Safety Razor – Merkur makes the best. This razor will last a lifetime.
4) Proraso Shaving Cream – When it comes to shaving cream nothing beats Proraso.
5) Proraso Pre and Post Shave Cream – This stuff is optional but I highly recommend it. My face feels incredible after using this stuff.
How To Wet Shave
I would sooner stop shaving completely than ever go back to using disposable razors. A disposable razor can’t come close to the clean, close, fresh shave of a good quality safety blade. I typically shave once a week because…
A) I can
B) Chicks dig facial hair
When I do shave it is a nice little ritual.
- get out of the shower.
- don’t dry my face.
- run some water over my badger hair brush.
- squeeze the shaving cream into a coffee mug.
- mix up the shaving cream with the badger hair brush into a nice creamy mixture.
- apply the mixture to my face with the brush, making sure to get the shaving cream in between every whisker.
- shave off all the whiskers in just a couple minutes.
- towel dry my face.
- apply aftershave and I’m done. My face feels as smooth as a baby’s.
If you’re sick of shaving altogether you have another option.
Grow a beard.
Why should you grow a beard? Easy answer:
Beards are awesome.
Beards are manly.
Beards command respect.
Beards are cheap and easy to maintain.
Beards look cool.
Simplify your lives, gentlemen. It makes things so much easier.