Aspire for Higher, the Battle Cry of the Better Man

From the desk of Victor Pride
Subtitle: Motivation for the Gentleman Wolf
——————–

Lifestyle design. It’s a cool, hip marketing term to describe people who make money without a 9-5 job. But everybody designs their own lifestyle.

The cubicle nerd, the QC manager, the HR assistant, the IT guy. All of them made their choice.

They were at A and decided to go to B. The idea being that they can go from A-B, from B-C, from C-D etc. step by step all the way until they are “comfortable”.

Well listen fellas, I decided to skip all those un-necessary steps. I went from A-Z and didn’t bother asking permission. In hip marketing terms I’m a lifestyle designer.

Can everybody do what I can do? Of course not, and it’s stupid to suggest “well, if everybody did that the world would stop“. Listen, not everybody will do it. Not everybody can do it.

You know why? Most people lack the ability, the creativity, the balls, the je ne sais quoi. Most people are just….normal people. And they’ll live normal lives. Good for them.

They can have their facebooks and their wal-marts and their televisions.

But Bold and Determined isn’t for normal people. Bold and Determined is for the men who aspire for higher. The Gentlemen Wolves who require better and aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty to get what they require.

When I was a little kid I learned a very important lesson. I learned that if you accept humiliation you will get humiliation. And I learned that if you have a money making skill you can walk away from anything without a care in the world.

One day my dad came home and he was laughing about how he had quit his job that day. The boss man had tried to give him some grief and my dad said “kiss my butt” and came home laughing about it. He was a craftsman, he could find a new job within hours, he knew it, and he wouldn’t take any grief from anybody.

When a normal person is humiliated by the boss he won’t say “kiss my butt” and walk away laughing. What he will do is accept the humiliation and then when he get’s home he will start with “when I have ‘F-you money’ I’m gonna tell my boss where to stick it!“.

This is the normal way of rationalizing and accepting defeat, failure and humiliation. These people, normal people, will never have ‘F-you money’ because they accept defeat in the moment and talk big later when they feel safe. Timid when it counts and big when it doesn’t count.

But…

To have ‘F-you money’ you must first develop ‘F-you ability‘.

What is ‘F-you ability’?

It’s two-fold:

1. Having the ability to say “F-you” in the moment, not wait until later to tell your wife, girlfriend or the internet about it. The ability to never accept humiliation.
  2. Having the ability to make money independently of any job, employer or corporation. The skill of making money without begging.

So how do you develop ‘F-you ability’?

So sorry to say, friend, but if you’re a normal person you don’t. It won’t happen. Normal men don’t have the discipline, desire, drive or determination.

If you’re an extraordinary man, a Gentleman Wolf, you develop this ability by working for it. So sorry to give you the hard answer, but it doesn’t come easy. It takes time and effort but it stays with you for a lifetime.

If the ability exists within you all you have to do is let it come out.

Let yourself aspire for higher. Let yourself be the better man. Let yourself rise above the level of those other animals.

Let yourself embrace success, and not fear it like so many of your peers do.

They’ll hate you for it. But it would be a lot worse if you were accepted as one of them.

For the Gentleman Wolf here is an idea…

Find what you love and let it empower you. Let it become your obsession. Let yourself say F-you to everything else.

What is your other option?

Your other option is to be a normal man.

…but that’s not a real option. That’s surrender.

Until next time.

PS – Next Monday morning, bright and early, I am going to show you exactly how my obsession has paid off. Stay tuned.

Join 12,000+ other subscribers and get FREE updates about how to kick more ass. Enter your email address below and hit GO, we will never share or sell your email address with anyone...

Comments

1. First comment :D I’m about to start my workout and I thought I’d come here to get pumped, I love you Vic you’re the man! ahaha

2. “I learned that if you accept humiliation you will get humiliation.”

—> This is spot on Vic.

In the long-term you’re going to end up with the things that you feel entitled to.

If you truly feel entitled to a thing then you’re going to hustle for that thing until it’s yours.

It truly is about obsession.

Best,
    Ludvig

3. Great post.

There comes a time in a man’s life where (hopefully) he gets fed up with the same tepid bullshit and takes life by the horns. It could be a dead-end job, an underwhelming relationship, beta-male friends bringing you down, or a combination of all of the above. The most thrilling and motivating time in a man’s life is when he says “Wow, I’ve been lied to my whole life.” Because sadly, you have been.

There is no right way or wrong way, there is only your way. It seems that since we are born, we are taught that we have to live a certain way to obtain “the American dream.” Well guess what? The American Dream is bullshit.

1. Go to school
    2. Get college degree
    3. Get boring job
    4. Have a family
    5. Hopefully retire before you die

American dream? Sounds more like a nightmare to me.

When one finally (as I said before, hopefully) realizes that man, this auto-pilot life sucks, you begin your own path. Nothing is promised, but until you actually try, and go for it, you will never know. Break the mold, gentlmen. Create your own path, we’re subjected to the same old song and dance everyday. Create your own song and dance to it.

-Mack

• Couldn’t have said it better myself. Well said my friend!

• Thank you for that refreshing comment. It fires me up here in the sunny morning of Manila.

• “American Dream” was a concept developed, in part, by the grandfather of modern marketing and PR, Edward Bernays. Bernays was the nephew of Sigmund Freud. Read these two books by Bernays and your eyes will be opened. They are both brief reads:

Propaganda
      ISBN: 978-0-9703125-9-4

Crystallizing Public Opinion
      ISBN: 978-1-935439-26-4

4. Hi Vic, great article as always, you sir are a source of inspiration. The picture you chose is poignant.
    I just wanted to tell you that there is no “s” at the end of “je ne sais quoi”.
    Have a good day.

My friend I went to the text editor to fix this mistake but the S was already there. I checked the email version of this article and the S was there was well. Perhaps your device is playing a trick on you?

• Umm sorry, I didn’t express myself clearly enough. What I meant is that the french word “quoi” should never have an “s” at the end. I know this isn’t an important matter but I just wanted to see you article clean from any kind of mistake or typo.

5. HOOAH

6. Hi Vic, you put on some baddest stuff here. Best of luck, could you please get us an article about how spartans sleep?

• Tyler Durden says:

From a collection of old articles; They go to bed early enough to wake up at 5 am fully rested. They sleep on a hard mattress. They wake up and get shit done.

Actually, now I sleep on a soft mattress, I wake up at 7am on the dot (no alarm, as soon the sun peaks through the curtains I wake up) and I’m in bed at 10pm every night. Your last sentence is 100% correct.

• I wholeheartedly agree with not using an alarm. I haven’t used one in well over 15 years and I am always on time. I’m not really sure why I do not use an alarm, but I think it has a lot to do with that I do not want a machine “demanding” me that I should start my day at a certain time. I think the fear of losing precious time sleeping while I could be up and about doing things is my main motivator for waking up and getting out of bed. In a paradoxical way, not using an alarm has helped me to get up earlier, oftentimes much earlier, than I need to. I can’t think of the last time I was rushed. In short, not having an alarm builds discipline.
          By the way, Victor, congratulations on your success. You seem to have a positive outlook on life and that is a very good thing. I have read other motivational blogs for men and, to be honest, they are not of high quality. In my opinion, your blog is by far the best. I’m not saying that just to make you feel good inside, I’m just telling you the truth.
          Keep up the good work!

Hi Bob. TY for the compliment. A few times this year I have had early flights and needed to wake up at 4:30 am, so I set an alarm those times. Each of those time I was awake before the alarm even went of. I’ve been meaning to post about this, but the sound of an alarm clock is the worst sound in the world. Why would anyone want to start their day with that nasty “beep beep beep” sound. It’s an awful way to live life, waking up by alarm to go somewhere you don’t want to go.

7. “If the ability exists within you all you have to do is let it come out.”

GREAT fuckin shit right there.

8. Vic,

I think the whole “find your passion/obsession” thing is stretched way too far. Fuck that “passion/do what you love shit.” That’s how people make money off of other people. “Follow your passion and make money!” Sure it works for people. But you know what works better? Make your passion/obsession MAKING MONEY. Adopt the hustler mentality. If something ain’t working, trash it.

Throw the fucking tv out the window, and use that wasted time to make money. It’s 5 Trillion times better than being a brain dead zombie staring at a fucking screen with a controller in your hands.

• I kind of agree with this. There’s work to life, and up until 50 years ago there was a hell of a lot of work required by simple day-to-day life, never mind getting rich. “Job” is still part of “Dream Job”. I find too often that people use the “follow your passion” mantra as ticket to not work hard, as they “haven’t found their passion yet”. Meanwhile they expend little to no effort trying new things and simply do the whole “paralysis-by-analysis” thing instead of getting off their asses and simply trying things and finding their passion through work and effort.. They end up waiting for the right time to act, which never arrives. Be like Nike, Just Do It (Don’t sue me Mr. Knight).

9. Great Post Vic. You are so right. What you say, I see it every day. All of those Beta male conformists. Candy asses if you will. LOL

10. Another excellent motivational post.

Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

11. You’re right, Victor Pride. If I let myself push around, my life would be horrible, so to survive and live the life I want I must do this. Your articles are really affecting me in a good way.
    You don’t bullshit me, not like the media. Thank you and keep up the motivation!

12. Matias Page says:

That was some powerful writing! Definitely bold and determined. Very inspiring. Thanks.

13. Looks like people arn’t as eager to comment on this post… The truth hurts. Use the hurt to turn things around so that whenever reality comes around again… It feels good and you’re not wincing inside.
    I always like posts like these, ones that are so very true, but hard for a lot of people to accept.
    Thanks again Victor.

14. Another excellent motivational post. Keep up the great work, Victor.

Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

15. I wrote about this as I left my corpo-work for my sigma transition. I am my own man and do not need to ask for permission to piss. However, I wasn’t really an employee to begin with. I knew I wanted ownership and so I left the whole of US society to start fresh. Many people think there is a “ready” period, but I say we must “evolve, let the chips fall where they may”. Get on with it.

Turning Sigma and shunning the battery-drone economy work is a brutal road full of self-doubt and what if moments. In the end, what I have is one life, and I want to know in my death bed that I have done what I can. I will leave a quote to those who needs the extra kick.

“Imagine if you will being on your death bed – And standing around your bed – the ghosts of the ideas, the dreams, the abilities, the talents given to you by life.

And that you for whatever reason, you never acted on those ideas, you never pursued that dream, you never used those talents, we never saw your leadership, you never used your voice, you never wrote that book.

And there they are standing around your bed looking at you with large angry eyes saying we came to you, and only you could have given us life! Now we must die with you forever.

The question is – if you die today what ideas, what dreams, what abilities, what talents, what gifts, would die with you? “
    – Les Brown

• Wow, that literally sent a chill down my spine. I’m not a particularly religious person, but I saw a post one day outside of a church and it made a lot of sense; it read:

God’s gift to you is your life, what you do with your life is your gift to God.

It’s especially interesting what you said about one’s deathbed and their regrets. I just had a very bizarre dream, as I usually do, and I won’t bore you with the details, but it went a little like this:

In my dream I was basically doing whatever I felt was right in my heart and this made the authorities angry. They tried to lock me up, tried to make me suffer, and tried to control me. No matter what they did, I always escaped their barbaric ways and continued doing what I thought was righteous and moral. It frustrated them (the oppressors) that they could not control me through fear and religion and threats. I was brave and courageous to believe in myself, and suffered for it, but it felt so jubilant and liberating. I guess the moral of my dream was that it is better to die like a man than to live like a coward.

In short, it’s better to regret the things that you try than to regret the things that you don’t try.
      (I’m sorry if this post seems a little disjointed, I purposely wrote it without much preparation so it wouldn’t lose its sincerity, but I trust that you get the gist.)

16. Vic thanks A LOT for the guidelines. Im currently doing the 30 days of Discipline and it has done a lot for my character. Keep inspiring.

17. Over many years I found I’m good and interested in a few different areas. How do you choose one to focus on like a wolf and make it my #1 obsession?

My friend, I wish I could tell you. Ask yourself, what do you excel at? What problem can you solve? What is really on your mind most of the time and how can it help people and help yourself.

• Hey RJ, you ask a very good question. For many years, I suffered from the same thing. I wanted to be an expert in so many fields: biology, astronomy, engineering, math, fine arts, and chemistry, and so on. I wanted to do so many things at once that I often didn’t do much at all. I finally settled on mastering chemistry; it is my passion and I absolutely love it; I am so focused on the study of chemistry (which is really just the study of change) that I have excelled at the many facets of this field, but there is so much more to learn. But to answer your very important question, try to find a common ground in all of the areas that you are interested in and pursue your endeavor. Follow your heart.
      Also, I agree with Victor. Go with what you think about the most.

18. Hey Victor,

Thoughtful and powerful article as usual-I expect nothing less from B&D!

I have a doubt that continues to bother me, but I have yet to find a convincing answer and I’d like your take.

Although I have a bunch of talents, all I want to do is make money. I nearly instinctively judge each of my actions based on 1) the cost-benefit analysis based on my interest and health and 2) whether it will affect my future bank account.

I go to a demanding school (the world’s best for business) and it is refreshing and inspiring to see kids my age who, for once, are ruthless about what they want in life and don’t succumb to the emasculating, pitiable liberalism that is typically rampant in the Northeastern part of the US.

How do I learn to build a product or develop a service while making sure that my business ambitions and my thirst for wealth are not diminished? Every time I think about “social good” or “welfare of society” my mind somehow switches from killer wolf mode to charity/world-do-gooder mode.

“How do I learn to build a product or develop a service while making sure that my business ambitions and my thirst for wealth are not diminished?”

I’m lost. These should be one in the same.

“Every time I think about “social good” or “welfare of society” my mind somehow switches from killer wolf mode to charity/world-do-gooder mode.”

Stop thinking about these things.

• My point is that so many people say that in order to build a successful business you must think of the social welfare that results from your product/service. I realize that a business must create VALUE and fill a valid social need in order to succeed, but constantly thinking about my business from this “do-gooder” perspective almost seems to extinguish the burning fire within.

“many people say that in order to build a successful business you must think of the social welfare”

So? Many people are dumb.

“but constantly thinking about my business from this “do-gooder” perspective almost seems to extinguish the burning fire within.”

No shit. Stop thinking about it. Problem solved.

• “No shit. Stop thinking about it. Problem solved.”

Gotta love Vic’s laconic way of speech. it died out in this society overloaded with bullshit.

• For Miki ,what country are you from ?

• I’m from Serbia.

• Thanks for responding Vic-My doubts are cleared up and I feel more confident than ever after getting a characteristically kickass, no-bullshit answer from you.

As someone who is damn intelligent and knows it too, I sometimes doubt myself and the bold choices I make which are drastically different from the majority of society. I mean this in the most straightforward, non-pretentious way possible: Sometimes, it is damn frustrating to deal with the majority of society which can’t even FATHOM your different views, let alone follow through with them-Have you ever felt this way? All those who I connect with are not the goofs surrounding me on a daily basis but rather, the few intelligent, self-driven champs I have met online.

I am now confident, after reading B&D, that my choices are the best. I am different from the majority and it is something that will be a source of pride, not doubt.

My big brother Vic, thank you-We live many miles apart but my life would have been in shambles had I not stumbled upon your blog 2 months ago. I will be taking on future challenges in stride, unafraid of my ability, with nerves of steel, and of course, a big ROAR!

19. Off topic, but I’ve been reading about a lot of major protesting in Bangkok at the moment.

Have you been affected by them at all?

Stay safe…. we need more great articles!

20. Deadwarrior says:

“Find what you love and let it empower you. Let it become your obsession. Let yourself say F-you to everything else”

It might be true for some people like you & me but I personally know hell lot of people who did that and got fucked in life. The point is you should be able to sell your obsession or else you end up with wasted life. On the other hand I personally know hell lot of lazy people who never did anything but are having awesome life & money just because of pure luck.

21. Deadwarrior says:

1. Go to school
    2. Get college degree
    3. Get boring job
    4. Have a family
    5. Hopefully retire before you die

I see lot of people abusing this way of life..well heres what I did

1. went to school
    2. Got college degree (without taking loans)
    3. Got boring job (learned lot about how people run their business)
    4. Started my own business
    5. Now I am semi-retired and I am just fcking 26 :)

22. Success is a F.A.D. (Focus. Ambition. Discipline.)

23. Victor, I live in Australia and am soon to enter full time training as a sprinter. That’s almost 24/7 dedication to my sport. How would someone like yourself make money in a position like this? If pointed in the right direction, I’m 100% certain I can work the rest out myself.
    Thanks for the great post,
    Shane

Shane, how does a full time sprinter live? Train? Eat? Sleep? I have no idea, but you do. So write a website about it and tell us what it’s like. Sell sponsored gear, shoes, shorts etc.

• Cheers for the advice, friend. I’ll get onto it ASAP

• My coach just gave me the boot not too long ago. Would you recommend just going forward with a site anyway or trying find another way to reach my goals first?
        I’m a little bit shit off at the moment so excuse my neediness but ideas aren’t exactly flowing through me and I never really developed a plan B.

24. What is up with all these Man’s FitnessTM pictures all over the site? Is this really Spartan?

• L O L

• Hands Alex a Kleenex and gently pats him on the head; it will be ok, buddy.

Actually, I agree with him.
        Hey Victor, I see you got rid of the pictures; wise choice! At first, I was going to comment on the pictures, but then I thought “It’s his website, he can fucking do what he wants,” so I bit my tongue. Now that you have removed them, I feel free to comment.
        I think you removed the pictures because a little voice inside your head went something like “You know this guy has a good point, I am putting up pictures that can be seen just about anywhere, and I want to keep it real, so I’ll go back to what works.”
        Let me give you few quick examples off the top of my head:
        1. Somewhere in the mid-eighties Coca Cola changed their original formula. Not a good idea. They probably lost a loyal customer base. Maybe they changed it back to the original, maybe they didn’t. I don’t know. The point is that it boggles my mind when people decide to change what already works.
        2. I was on the phone with my brother and he was shopping for a notebook for a class he was about to take. He was wavering between this notebook and that notebook; one was blue, one was red, one had stripes, you get the idea. I told him to just get a fucking notebook, the cover doesn’t matter, it’s the material that you put in it that will have real substance.
        3. I recently had to update my resume. I went online and they have all these templates with all these fancy designs and colors. I almost went with one, but stopped. I decided to keep it simple. Two reasons for this: First, while everyone else has focused on their resume layout and not the content, I’ll be much more concerned about the material inside. Second: I don’t want to work for a person whose hiring decision was influenced by pretty fonts and a creative layout on an applicant’s resume. In a sense, my resume will probably stick out because it is simple.
        Brother, you have to be original. (In fact, I think that is a major component of success). If you want to incorporate pictures into your blog, I suggest making them yourself. (The picture of you hugging that tiger, for instance, that was awesome!) Also, think about this for a moment: Are young men, who are looking for direction and guidance in their lives, coming here to see some cookie-cutter, copy-and-paste, fake as plastic, photo of Ben Affleck, George Clooney, or whoever you had up? Of course not! They are here because they want genuine advice on how to better themselves and how to live a better life. I’ll put it another way, no one is going to remember or care about what Hollywood pictures you might put up on your blog, but they will remember you lighting a fire under their ass and getting them motivated to achieve their dreams!
        Please don’t take what I said in an offensive way-that’s not my intention. You have a good thing going and I just don’t say that to anyone. I mean it. I have witnessed so many websites start off great, then little by little, they get “tainted” for whatever reason until eventually they look just like other websites. I get this gut feeling you know what I mean.
        Anyway, sorry for the rant. I’ll probably get a good “Fuck you buddy, don’t tell me how I should run things!” but I will take my chances. I just felt like since you are always giving out good advice, I would try to return the favor and offer some of my own.
        I can’t wait for your next article. Have a nice day.
        Sincerely,
        Bob

I didn’t remove the pics. You must be on a different browser. Clear cache and you’ll see a different story.

But if any photographers are reading I am looking for pictures to buy on a continual basis. For now stock images will do.

• Nevermind. Please disregard my post. I must be hallucinating.

25. Hey Vic, great article!
    And yeah, you’re spot on with the comment about how you get humiliated if you accept it…

Roman

26. Great post mate, nothin’ like followin’ what you love. Over at StrengthInConfidence.com that’s one of the main influences on my writings and a lot of my message comes from doing the shit I want. After all, doing what everyone else does is like following a blueprint made out for someone else, right? It’s like running someone else’s race. It’ll just point you in the opposite direction you should be going in. Anyone sharing that idea is welcome to add feedback on my site, it’s appreciated.

• I think you write very well. May I make one suggestion?

The first thing you see on your site is the “About you” bit. Your articles are found all the way at the bottom.

I’d change the navigation, slightly. Keep up the good work and keep writing.

27. I have a question. How does one go about sustaining obsession? I have trouble maintaining focus. I have noticed that I go through periods of obsession, but end up burnt out after a while. In my youth, I spent 3 years dedicated to the gym. I rarely took breaks from training. It was the highest level of devotion and obsession I have ever experienced. However, since then I haven’t been able to get back on that level.
    I excel easily in the organization I am currently a part of. Without being at my best I have still been able to establish myself as one of the top members, but I am still unhappy with myself personally. How do I get back to being obsessed long term?

• Adam-

What motivates you? You find that motivation, whatever it may be, and use it as fuel to ignite the fire within you.

It could be heartbreak.

It could be envy.

It could be a personal goal.

You say you’re unhappy with yourself personally. What makes you happy? Write a list down of what really makes you feel good and strive to do those things on a daily basis. Your mind is your own worst enemy, remember that. When you pick something up, try it and put it down a few days later, you are half-assing in life. Don’t be a half-asser, my friend. Focus on what matters most; yourself. Be a selfish asshole, it’s OK. Everything else comes in second place. Good luck and do not half-ass things. Follow through. The reward of getting things done will continue the cycle of motivation.

It’s perfectly fine to work on one thing, finish it, and move on to the next one. You don’t necessarily have to do the same thing over and over and over.

28. Great article.Victor My question is :

With all this talk about America,it’s economy, and the U.S dollar about to collapse. Is it wise for someone to start up a non-internet business in the U.S?Any tips?

Thanks.

29. Some people cannot accept the need for change. They are so brainwashed and comforted by the current system of ‘college, job, safety, pension/superannuation/401 K’ that they completely fear the unknown. These people need not fear the unknown but rather find motivation within it! The very fear of the unknown should be the force that pushes us to want something better, something with more soul and life, something that works, a better system! GIVE IN TO HUMAN CURIOSITY! See how far you can stretch! You get one life, one shot, why stay afraid? If you die, you die. But at least you died on an adventure rather than how the others will die. Which will most likely be in a lecture hall they don’t want to be in, in an office cubicle they dread or in some electrical goods store picking out the fucking biggest TV they can find to glue their faces too.

30. Hey Victor great post! I always love coming to your site to get amped up and inspired. This is also a good place where those who think alike can meet. I do have a few questions, did you ever think youd be at the point you are now with B and D? Also did you ever plan on including location indepence in your goals? Or did it just happen because you wanted to be a free man? Keep up the kick ass work my friend.
    But one more thing, do you go by Victor Pride because you have so much pride in yourself and you are a Victor of your own life and goals? if so very clever! Can’t wait for Mondays post!

-Jake

“did you ever think youd be at the point you are now with B and D? Also did you ever plan on including location indepence in your goals?”

Yes and yes.

Edit: I just saw your 3rd question, so add another yes to that.

• Hello Victor,
        I came across your website about 3 hours ago and I have been reading all your post.
        This is just just what i needed, a bold and determined push to move forward.
        You are awesome.

I am a gentleman wolf, I aspire to be great in life and reading your post make me think a lot about how I should most definitely kick all those chicken heads to the curves and fly with bold eagles.
        I agree with your views 100%.

I just finished your post about finding the right wife ( things to look for if u wanna get married).
        I loved it.
        I am a fan now.
        Hope to read more of your work.

P.S : don’t mind the hate emails, they are just boost for you to keep moving forward and be bold.

Stay bold Vic.

Jeff.

31. Matt Thomson says:

Hey vic,

What if the thing you think about most is just girls? I’m 18 and an university and really want to find some career path that I can focus on but I really can’t find anything. Any tips?

1) Don’t marry one.
      2) I said specifically in the article don’t worry about finding a career path.

• I know you specifically asked Vic a question, but I want to chime in about your question when it comes to girls.

Do not make them the center of your world.

Seriously. I’ve seen it happen time and time again. Hell, it’s happened to be. Women are a welcomed ADDITION to your life, not your life. Nothing makes you lose focus more than worrying about a girl.

• If you’re in a university without a specific goal in mind, you are in the wrong place.

32. Victor what are your thoughts on female cougars. Here in the states there are a lot of older women getting with younger men. They even dump their same age boyfriend or husband for a much younger guy. Some of them see guys in their 30s,40s and 50s as too old even if they got money and are jacked. I don’t know if it’s just a sexual thing or what….any thoughts.?

“They even dump their same age boyfriend or husband for a much younger guy.”

That sounds like a television show, not reality. But if it isn’t clear, American women aren’t satisfied with anything. No matter what it is. These days with cosmetic surgery, makeup, gyms etc. old ladies can appear quite attractive. But the flings with the pool boy are temporary.

33. what do you think of starvation diets where you still weight train but starve or fast for 2 to 3 days to burn off 20 pounds of fat. I got your body of spartan book which you were right. It’s the best book on working out but I see anything on this subject. Matt Marshall talked about briefly in his old blog but it was shut down. Thoughts?

34. Well I’ll be damned Vic.

Your posts are still original despite three years of writing.

You never fail to amaze me brother.

Mr. Veins

35. Hey Vic,

I know you’re familiar with Pat Flynn’s blog, smartpassiveincome.com, and how he displays a breakdown of his earnings each month. I was wondering if there’s any chance, just as a one-time thing, you could possibly write a post that shows B & D’s “income breakdown” for a month, so us readers could get a more in-depth look at your site’s earnings?

Brandon, I had to laugh a little at this comment because that’s EXACTLY what I have planned for Monday’s post. Monday being Dec.2 and all income and expenses can be accounted for.

36. Victor Pride,

Your blog is great and every time I think it cannot be better or new (since you circle around the same subjects) it is very refreshing to read your new material.Every new post is a kick to go get shit done.

This blog should have been around when I was young, but honestly I just hope it still will be when my two boys (one and three years old now) are grown men. If not, I am sure as hell saving this wisdom in my hard-drive. You see, it is not about how much you agree with Victor.. once it is out, most of the things he says are things we truly identify that our father told us or should have told us. For me, luckily, I had a very strong male figure at home who never took shit from anyone. He taught me how to be a man. But kids, society is against you. It is against my and your father. It is teaching us that, being strong is a sin and being a sissy is all you have left. I have news for you, this is what society will TELL YOU, but once you do it, it will spit on your face for being a wuss. Girls don’t like romantic guys (despite the crap they say or believe). When they are young they like the bad boys and when they are a little bit older .. well they still like the bad boys: the ones who go get, the ones who have the money and call the shots. You are crazy or stupid to think otherwise.

Anyhow, I bought all Victors books now. First I thought all information that was there would already been said here on the blog. Big mistake, these are great books. I hope you understand I do not get a penny for making this propaganda. But really, if you are serious about being “bold and determined” I think reading what the man wrote as a guide, is a must.

In any case, this will probably be my only real long comment on this blog, I have a lot of stuff to do.

I think Victor has a great and honest businesses here. He is his own friend first (and that is what you should be to yourself) but if you listen to him, you will certainly avoid a lot of pain if you are young or find a way to overcome it you are old. Never mind agreeing with him all the time. That is not the point, you should be your own men and not Victor’s copycat. But do believe in the overall message given in this blog. It is true, simple as that.

TY for the compliments and I have made this the featured comment on the home page.

• You sound like a great father BM – I hope this insight of yours carries with you for the next 10 years so that when your 3 year old is a teenager he can have a kick-ass pops like yourself.

I’m 19 – no, I did not have a no-bullshit father figure, I had to develop my own thick skin; in a way, Victor’s blog was my upbringing and has been since I was 17. I’m sure my IP is logged about a thousand times in his records.

It’s been quite a turn around in the past two years.

Who knows, maybe you start your own blog now and let your kids read it when they get older.

Maybe some other kids without a father figure will stumble across it and read something inspiring and decide to turn their lives around.

That’s basically what happened here with Vic. I left a long comment detailing the short story version of what happened from when I was 17 and came across this blog to now (overcoming drug addiction, becoming my own man, enduring life, etc..).

I’m making my own blog as we speak.

Is it going to get huge traffic now? No; but that’s not the goal.

In 5 years my blog will have enough content on it to hopefully inspire some highschool dropout druggie (like myself) to turn their life around. Vic gave it to me – why can’t I give it to someone else.

Anyways, great shit here and I do hope you post more lengthy comments ’cause if no one else I’ll sure as hell read them BM.

Stay real.

• Thanks, Mr. Veins, that is great to hear.

About myself writing a blog, I think you have all you need here.
        That is not really a lot I can add that Victor himself doesn’t already mention
        one way or another. Based on your feedback, I’ll try to contribute more in the future though. I mean, I am also working on an online business and my primary inspiration came from here, but it is a very different business because I have a different background.

If you are 19, than you are the richest among us. You are young, which means
        all doors are open for you to be a great man. From your comment, and from the fact that you are reading this blog, you are definitely on the right track.

Drug experience is tough, but I had my share as well when I was in my teens. I quit, got a PhD in physics and on my way to wealth, and so can you.

Good luck,

BM

• I’ll be looking forward to your posts then, BM.

Agreed; I am walking down the right road.

Drug addiction is very rough, but it can be overcome and it has been.

I found the email that I sent Vic a while back and read it last night. It’s amazing to see how far I’ve come, starting with that one email.

Stay real,

Mike C. – Mr. Veins

37. I’m 21 and most people in my generation don’t have a skill that can make them money. People say find out what your passionate about and make money from that. Honestly besides getting laid there is nothing I am passionate about it. I’ve been lifting on and off since high school but this year I’m committing to it and actually trying to get bigger. I like the progress I am seeing.

“My question is do you recommend just learning a skill that you may have no interest in for a couple of years just for the sake of making money online?”

No. Why waste time doing something you aren’t interested in.

• Young people often have no idea what they like and what they don’t like because they have never tried anything. I wouldn’t discourage the boy from learning a skill – of course he may have no interest in it now. I never thought I would be doing what I am doing today, until I did it; and I have become fantastically wealthy because I tried it.
        “Opportunity knocks.”

38. victor your words are always like gold on stone! awesome delivery!
    i just quit my BS 9-5 job and i.ve never felt so liberated my entire life.! i have always known what i loved to do but i kept telling myself it was too petty to empower myself., (im an architect by training but i really love to make tee shirts).,but now i know thats just some major BS! and even before reading this post.,i’ve said F-you to everything else and im chanelling my energy on my tees!

thanks for all your inspiration! God bless you brov!

39. What do you think about careers in information technology or computer science degrees?

40. Have you ever eaten 1 meal a day to get lean? Greg Plitt claims that he eats 1 big meal a day and several met-rx shakes throughout the day. If so what did it consist of and did you lose muscle?

41. Hey Vic,

Greetings from Turkey.

When I was on the verge of quitting my day job, I was voraciously reading books and blogs about location independent living. This blog is one of the most inspiring ones that I have discovered. I discovered that, not watching t.v., not buying anything unless I pay with cash, doing body building exercises etc. were the things I was already doing fine with. What I needed was the inspiration to walk on my own path and your blog gave me lots of that inspiration, thank you.

So, last week I quit my job and due to legal working agreements, my last day at work will be on 17 January 2014. After that time I’ll move. I’ve done some much research and I decided to live in one of these four countries: Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia and Vietnam. I know that you mainly live in Bangkok, there are too many inconsistent information around. Where can I live in Bangkok? I want a flat with a refrigerator, dish washer, washing machine, and an air conditioner. How much would this cost me? I have too many questions on my mind and I’m constantly researching, these are my priorities right now.

Cheers.

42. David Woodward says:

Victor,
    I have read an endless number of blogs and have been motivated temporarily by them. Your site has finally made it possible to be an unrepentant me. I am starting my own site, living by my terms, and getting what I want. Let me tell you this, I have never worked in a cubicle but, the cubicle does not have to be a physical place. Even though I’ve never worked in a cubicle I have been in a box my entire working life. You’re site has finally given me my balls back. As of right now, I am destroying the old me and creating the new me.

The new me is creating a website and creating the life I always thought I should be living. I hate to admit that I needed someone else to prompt me to achieve what I always should be my life but, you’re style of writing has finally jarred me out of my sense of complacency.

When I have achieved what I would consider success I will comment again. I guarantee I’ll be commenting again within 30 days.

Long live the Spartan Wolf.

43. This is my first post on this site… I’ve been reading these posts for a while now, carefully pouring over the posts and the comments. I am at a point in my life where I finally feel like I have started to accomplish things, and am getting recognized for it. However, I am not making the money that I feel I have put in the time and effort for. In the last 72 days, I have worked 68. I am working my ass off. Literally working 8 days a week over my two jobs (teacher, and reservist in the military), in addition to coaching football 5 days a week, and maintaining a small engine repair business I started up last year. Aside from my primary job, I am earning nearly an extra $1000 per month (which I would like to see increase substantially)…

Lately, I find that all I can think about is money, and how to make more of it. I want to go on a honeymoon with my new wife and I want to earn the extra money to do it, rather than dip into savings. I have noticed three major side effects of the hard work that I have been putting in:
    1) I am usually totally fucking exhausted, and sometimes get into spells of depression which last from 1-3 days
    2) My relationship is suffering a bit due to never being around
    3) My physical fitness is suffering because I never have time to work out.

I have been noticing positives that have emerged from working my ass off though, aside from making slightly more money… My bosses are noticing how hard I am working which, with my teaching job is good because I am only in my second year of teaching and am still trying to earn a permanent contract… In the military it is also good because I can get promoted to Captain a little faster… But neither of these jobs will ever pay me the money that I feel I have worked so hard over the years to earn. It seems “average” to me. I want to make some real good fucking money!! That’s all I can think about!!

The reason I am writing this is because I am feeling discouraged, that my hard work is in vein… Sometimes I feel like a Spartan for working like a mother fucker… and sometimes I feel like a schmuck for doing it while others seem to be working far less hard, and earning far more…

“Lately, I find that all I can think about is money, and how to make more of it. I want to go on a honeymoon with my new wife and I want to earn the extra money to do it, rather than dip into savings.”

This is good, never dip into savings. When you want something new always put on the thinking cap and make MORE MONEY to afford it. To make the money you want, and is worth your time, will never happen working for others even if you work 80 hours O/T per week.

44. Vic,

You’ve got to have a page for your “inspired hustles.”

Seriously man.

You can start with mine http://www.reddit.com/r/amazonforthepoor

I started it after I adopted a “hustler mentality” after I read own of your last posts.

Thanks alot man!

“You’ve got to have a page for your “inspired hustles.””

My friend, I don’t have any idea what that means.

• Inspired hustles – when you get fired up to make a quick buck and try to carry on a short-term gig for some extra dough.

Probably referring to the “hustler” mindset received when reading about making money. I get in the hustler mentality a lot, too.

So, basically making a page (or post) detailing the gigs you’ve done to earn cash in the past (other than real estate, which is well known to all your readers at this point).

The only reason I’m clarifying is because I know “Wrist Swagger” (the actual dude) and he’s commented on my post before about having the “hustler” mentality. Great guy.

Hope this helps.

45. Found this blog about a year ago when I was first learning of Lifestyle design. Got relinked over here from Koanic Soul a week or two ago, and its ramped my motivation into overdrive.

The no-nonsense, succinct, and harsh advice given here keeps the fire alive inside. Im hard at work on launching a blog for the skills Ive acquired over the years as well as all the knowledge ive amassed with regards to fitness over the past year and a half. I know that in 20 years when I look back Ill rememer reading this post as one of the reminders to keep going in the right direction and never quit.

Best Regards,
    Lazer

46. Thanks for all that you do and write about. I resonate with your principles and your blog motivates me. One of my top recommended blogs I personally refer to and tell people about.

47. Vic,

Your site always helps me to cut through bullshit in my head and stay focused on my goals. I’ve always resonated with a lot of what you say, and in fact, I too quit the rat race and moved to Asia a long time ago (its too good out here).

What I want to ask you is this: you talk a lot about being a winner wolf and doing what you want. But for me, part of what makes a man a real man is his integrity. His word. His code and never deviating from it no matter what the fuck temptations are put in his way. For me, a man without a moral code is not a man, he’s an animal.

I’m interested on hearing what your code is. While its important to be a winner, what is a line you won’t cross? For example, I’m sure those mexican cartel fucks think of themselves as winner wolves, but to me they’re just cowardly human scum who use bullets to force ppl to give them what they want and dominate and wreck lives. An example from my own life is, last year I had a chance to get involved in an online porn business, 10k buy in and it now makes that every month – but I simple said no because while that money would have been nice, I’m a grown ass man and I can work for a living and don’t need to abuse and exploit women to make money.

What are your thoughts on Morality and the limit to doing what you want? To me, a true alpha male warrior takes care of those who are weak and wounded, is gentle to women, children and animals, and while he takes absolutely zero shit from other males, he keeps his word, he looks at people in the eye and speaks the plain truth, and he never ever takes advantage of another person unfairly. I guess in summary, a real man has a deep sense of compassion and honour towards others who are innocent and in need. That’s my take anyway, and I’ll never break my code to have worldly success.

My code is that I don’t live like a degenerate. That’s it. I don’t involve myself with degenerates so it’s easy.

“To me, a true alpha male warrior takes care of those who are weak and wounded, is gentle to women, children and animals, and while he takes absolutely zero shit from other males”

I don’t take any shit from anybody – male, female, dog or cat.

48. Exactly Vic. I never wanna be an average drone. Okay maybe right now I am, but I’m working hard to change it, and your blog helps. And I hope soon it’ll pay off. Conformity breeds mediocrity after all, and I don’t intend to join that trend.

1. […] When I was a little kid I learned a very important lesson. I learned that if you accept humiliation … […]

2. […] Victor Pride – I was tired of waiting for new posts of Vic when finaly he posted his anniversary article (a must read inspirational) and his latest: Battle Cry […]