The benefits of cold showers are legion. The drawbacks none. The power of will required great. A Battle hardened warrior doesn’t take long hot showers in the morning like a Nancy, he takes brisk cold showers because he’s a tough mother.
Here are the 8 greatest benefits of cold showers:
1) Cold Showers Make You Strong: Taking a cold shower certainly isn’t comfortable, it’s downright uncomfortable. Forcing yourself to do it day in and day out requires a strength of character that most people don’t have. The good news is that you can develop the character, just get in the cold shower and do it. You will build inner strength but pushing yourself through it.
2) Cold Showers are Healthy: Cold showers get your heart pumping like it does during vigorous exercise. You instinctively flex your muscles under a stream of cold water. The combination of the flexing and increased heart rate sends more blood to your muscles which helps to release toxins in the body. Your immune system benefits from cold showers as well.
3) Cold Showers Will Wake You Up: Cold showers are brisk and invigorating. The cold water stimulation and the increased blood flow and heavy breathing result in you being ready to kick ass and take names. No one in the history of the world had to take a nap after a cold shower.
4) Cold Showers are Mood Enhancing: Cold showers help the brain release chemicals help your mood, decrease stress and anxiety and increase energy and the increased blood flow helps your sense of calm. You just plain feel good after a cold shower.
5) Cold Showers Make you More Manly: Everyone remembers being a teenager and hearing that sitting in a hot-tub kills sperm. Cold showers do the opposite. Yes, cold showers can increase sperm count which would lead one to believe it increases testosterone. Try not to kill someone with that loaded gun.
6) Cold Showers Help your Skin and Hair: Cold showers hydrate the hair and skin better leading to healthier hair and skin.
7) Cold Showers Help you Recover from Vigorous Exercise: Athletes often sit in ice baths to help speed up their recovery. You can do ice bath lite and take cold showers.
8 ) Cold Showers Help you save Money: You aren’t using any hot water so you save money that way. When you take cold showers you don’t ever just want to stay in the shower for a long time and relax. You shower for 5 minutes max and get out, ready to take on the world.
Shaving with Cold Water:
If there’s one thing that makes you tougher than showering with cold water it’s shaving with cold water. I switched from hot water shaving to cold water shaving about a year ago and never looked back. I thought it would be tough at first but I was wrong. Cold water shaving is actually easier and gives you a better shave. Hot water softens the whiskers, this is obvious and it’s the reason people shave with hot water. What no one takes into consideration is the fact that soft whiskers are harder to cut. When the whiskers are soft and limp the razor does as much pulling of the whiskers as it does cutting. When you shave with cold water your whiskers don’t get softer, instead they are hard and poking straight out. This makes it way easier to cut them off. My shaving time was cut in half using cold water instead of hot water. I don’t often have to shave the same area over and over. I get less cuts and nicks using cold water as well, probably because I’m not pulling on the whiskers at all.
Get yourself into a cold shower and toughen yourself up. It’s what a Spartan warrior would do and it’s the simple thing to do. Efficiency with a purpose.
A simplified life makes things so much easier.